Lucas de Staël is an emerging eyewear designer who modernizes time honored techniques to create truly unique pieces by hand. The brand, which bears his name, launched in 2011, and uses techniques from marquetry, jewelry setting and traditional eyewear creation, Lucas de Staël meticulously creates each piece in their Parisian workshop.
The Minotaure Collection is made of genuine cow leather, naturally chemical free and is tanned using hypoallergenic dyes. Each piece is built on surgical grade stainless steel. The frame is then combined with soft yet thick leather to create a unique eyeglass frame that will evolve and deepen in color as time enhances its tan. It takes 30 steps to create each piece. One craftsperson creates only three pieces per day.
- Genuine cow leather
- Surgical stainless steel skeleton
- Titanium nose pads
- Leather will acquire unique patina over time
- Tested to withstand normal humidity and perspiration
- Measurements: 50mm - 21mm -149mm
- May be fitted with prescription lenses